The new 5G Service-Based Architecture (SBA), is built using IT network principles and cloud native technology. In this new architecture each Network Function (NF) offers one or more services to other NFs via Application Programming Interfaces (API). Furthermore, the 5G network can leverage its transport capabilities deriving cost advantages and network orchestration using Software Defined Networking (SDN). This course provides a coverage of SDN and NFV for 5G networks.
- Step through the dynamics of 5G and the convergence of platforms and services with a special focus on NFV
- Describe virtualization, cloud computing and its service models
- Outlie the SDN and NFV architecture and building blocks
- List NFV benefits and requirements
- Define NFV in the context of network functions
- Discuss the relationship between SDN and NFV
- Describe how NFV and SDN are implemented in 5G Networks.
On completion of the course, participants will have acquired the technical understanding of how SDN and NFV are implemented in 5G Networks.
This course targets Engineers and Managers working on Radio Access, Core Network and Backhaul Networks.
Managers, Engineers, and Technicians involved in the planning, deployment and maintenance of mobile networks
Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Limitations of Current Networking Technologies
- Principals behind Network Transformation
- SDN technical and business drivers
- Analyzing the key Drivers of SDN
- Cloud Computing, Big Data, Video and Multimedia and Mobile
- Common centralized IT policies
- Creating new applications and services
- Software Defined Networking for 5G service providers
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
- What is Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)?
- Relationship with Cloud Computing and Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Principles of virtualization of servers
- Benefits and challenges of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
- Principles of Cloud Computing
- Industry Standard High Volume Servers
- NFV architecture
- Why NFV and the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
- NFV for the 5G Core Network
- Cloud RAN/VBBU